I recorded and posted this podcast on October 19th. As is turns out. That is also the anniversary of the morning Chris Porter died in a tragic accident where his tour bus was hit at a standstill by a tractor trailer coming in hot at full speed. Chris was a buddy to a lot of us. Realizing that, I decided that I needed to open and close the show with songs from him. It’s been 3 years. It feels like longer and his voice is missed in this scene.
With that said….
Got that new ish from Morgan Wade, Tim Barry, Cody Jinks, Ian Noe, and plenty others (just scroll down to see) as well as some classics from Kathleen Edwards and Chuck Ragan. Come on! Get nerdy and give me one hundred and eleven minutes to try and turn you onto a new band…
TRACK LISTING: [Artist – Song (Album)]
01. Porter & The Bluebonnet Rattlesnakes – Go On and Leave Me (Don’t Go Baby
It’s Gonna Get Weird Without You)
02. Karen & The Sorrows – Back Down To The Dirt (The Narrow Place)
03. Frazey Ford – Done (Indian Ocean)
04. Kathleen Edwards – I Make The Dough, You Get The Glory (Asking For Flowers)
05. Morgan Wade – The Night (single)
06. Have Gun, Will Travel – Tidal Wave (Strange Chemistry)
07. Jeffrey Martin – Coal Fire (Dogs In The Daylight)
08. The Bones Of J.R. Jones – The Drop (Ones To Keep Close)
09. Larkin Poe – Preachin’ Blues (Peach)
10. Dan Bern – Regent Street (Regent Street)
11. Zach Bryan – Heading South(Single)
12. The Dead South – Black Lung(Sugar & Joy)
13. Kelsey Waldon – White Noise, White Lines (White Noise/White Lines)
14. Chris Knight – Crooked Mile (Almost Daylight)
15. Kendell Marvel – Hard Time with the Truth (Solid Gold Sounds)
16. Sammy Kay – See You Soon (Civil/War)
17. John Moreland – East October(LP5)
18. John R. Miller – Red Eyes(The Trouble You Follow)
19. Vandoliers – Bottom Dollar Boy (Forever)
20. Tim Barry – April’s Fool (The Roads To Richmond)
21. Jeremy Ivey – Laughing Willy (The Dream and The Dreamer)
22. Ian Noe – Dead on the River (Between The Country)
23. Cody Jinks – Ain’t a Train (After The Fire)
24. Little Teeth – Avondale(Redefining Home)
25. Chuck Ragan – Nomad By Fate (Covering Ground)
26. Back Row Baptists – Wood & Steel (Broken Hearts & Bad Decisions)
Welcome to fall! As of this posting Nashville has not seen any form of fall but they say we’re getting it full-throated tomorrow. There was just so much great new music popping off since the last podcast that I felt like I had to pop in before the next show was a 2 hour show. You need to check out this show cause it is awesome but some parts of note might be; that new Dead South song, that new artist Jason James. Maybe that Ashley McBride laying down the ground rules for a one nighter track. Hell. There is a Lost Dog Street Band song that, real talk, brought me back to music and then there is this J.S. Ondara kid.
Come on. Give this an hour point five. Likely you won’t regret it so long as you don’t think Eric Church is
“real country.” If you like tell your friends about us. We’re on Spotify, Google Music, Apple Podcasts, and Stitcher so please like, subscribe, and all that social media stuff.
We’re back with episode 2 of Ninebullets Radio. I also think we’re back in the sense that we hit our stride. Rust is gone but all them brand new songs are back and the Sad Bastards Song Club even makes its return. Trust me. If you’re in public you might wanna wait until you’re not before listening to that new Cody Jinks song.
Throughout the month we managed to get the podcast listed on all the spots; Spotify, Google Music, Apple Podcasts, and Stitcher so now your friends have no excuse not to listen other than they don’t want to so share this show with them. If you’re into it please like, subscribe, and all that social media stuff.
Man. 18 years. Where the eff does time go. It seems like yesterday I booked them at a little coffee shop in St. Petersburg, Florida with Drag The River and Truckstop Coffee for my, then, wife’s 30the birthday party and there was that amazing 10th Anniversary Party in Little Rock.
Anyhow. 18 years in the rock and roll game is one hell of a feat no matter how you cut it. Here is an admittedly heavy on the old stuff playlist to celebrate their birthday.
Look what the cat dragged in. God damnit I missed you nerds.
Man. No matter how hard I try I just can’t quit this ish. I’ll be honest. I am not sure anyone cares what I think is good music anymore but I guess we’re about to find out. Confessionals aside, man it is good to be back doing something to promote bands I love!
We’re coming in hot right out of the gate. Got that new Sturgill Simpson on tap. Ms. Eilen Jewell has put out a new album that does nothing to discredit her stellar catalog so you know we were gonna drop a song from that. Larkin Poe is keeping it delta and dirty. I have the often rumore but rarely heard new Will Quinlan song as well as a Whiskey Myers song that is, as the kids say, straight fire.
So. Do me a favor. Set an hour and a half aside and put your earholes on these songs. Who knows. Your next favorite band might be in there somewhere. If you enjoy the show please like, subscribe, do all that social media stuff and then, go old school and tell your friends about us.
Hoping to make the debut show of the 9bRadio reboot this weekend. Hope people still care enough to listen. There will be a show by Monday provided the Libsyn tutorial I downloaded explains how to get it onto 9bRadio.net. If it doesn’t; new show as soon as I figure all of that out.
Is is good to be back. I think I have a rad show for y’all.
This is a really fun song I stumbled across about 6 months ago and have revisited a many times since. The work for the site is complete as of tonight. I feel like I will be getting the graphics soon. After that it is just signing up for a podcast host and making the shows. I am, honestly, excited. I have a feeling there will be multiple shows a month for a few months just because I am super hyped. I am a little worried I have lost the “ear to the street” vibe that 9b had back in the day but we’ll find out soon enough.
More later. For now. I need a logo. Do you have design skills that can make me a header? If so, please, hit me up. I can not offer you any of that awesome ass exposure but I can offer you some boring old cash. Anyhow. See y’all in a month or so. Till then here is an awesome ass cover/remix from Nashville’s newest supergroup; The Highwomen.